09 10

22 June 2011

Showers of Blessing


And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing.
-Ezeliel 34:26


I'm still feeling so blessed. They started tearing out the ceiling in my kitchen hall today. They're going to take away the popcorn ceiling and we'll have something that doesn't eat the light like that. And we're going to get a new light fixture. We'll have to buy that ourselves, but there's no sense in putting back an old, broken fixture onto a lovely new ceiling. It's going to be great. Right now it's looking a little rough.




But there is more to life than unexpected home repairs. Like, today it rained. Good drenching rain. The sort that even if you run from the car to the door you'll probably be more or less soaked. Monkey and his Daddy headed to the theater and watched Kung Fu Panda 2. I took the baby to a bookstore. Bliss. I browsed like I haven't been able to in a long time. Years, maybe. And the baby slept through most of it. I even sat down on the floor and read for a few minutes. I brought home a biography of George Washington and a book about dinosaur fossils. That one is cool; it's got a cardboard model of a T-rex skeleton we get to build. All I have to do is convince Monkey that while the house is torn up is not the best time to be building a model.

When I was just about done at the bookstore, my husband called me and wanted to know if I'd come have dinner at Applebee's. Sure! In all this popping in and out of places I noticed that Raven was really loving this whole water from the sky thing. He'd turn his face up to the rain and just laugh. It was adorable. So when we got home, I let him play. Told Monkey to go take off his shoes and leave them on the porch with his socks, and we ran and splashed in the rain. Splash and laugh. It was amazing! I haven't had so much fun in ages! Monkey was running across the lawn and the puddles on the sidewalk - our sidewalks make some first class puddles. He'd yell for us to follow him, and Raven would try, but the little cutie has short legs, and he tends to cross one foot in front of the other when he walks, so running isn't quite working yet, and we'd only move a few feet in the time it took for Monkey to zoom across the whole yard.

Splash. Zoom. Laugh. Splash. Stomp. Zoom. Giggle.

I hope it rains again soon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin