09 10

09 December 2012

The 999 Challenge

So, this year is almost done, and I'm starting to think about goals for next year. (It's the Daddy's fault; he's very organized like that, and I got infected.) At the same time, I've been looking at my list of books I read this year, and thinking that it's a little short: only 15 books for the year. I have a ton of books that are either half-finished or they're just sitting there, waiting for me to get to them. So I think a book goal is in order. While I'm sort of kicking this idea around in my head, I happened to browse around Celestia's blog, and found her book goal from a couple years ago. Looks cool. Think I'll swipe it, even though it's not 2009 anymore. Like Celestia, I probably won't get clear to 72 books; that's about 1 1/2 a week, and I have enough other things to do that I'm not so sure that I can do that much. But setting a goal should keep me on task better than I was this year. I don't have a whole list yet, not even 9 categories. But I've got enough to get started.


9 books in 9 categories,
9 can overlap, 72 books total


I. History/Biography
  • The Real Benjamin Franklin
  • The Historic Atlas of the Bible
II. Politics/Founding
  • 5000 Year Leap
  • Federalist Papers, essays #4-25
  • Federalist Papers essays #26-50
  • America's Constitution
III. Read-Alouds with Kids
  • Beowulf
  • King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table
IV. Parenting
  • Parenting the Strong-Willed Child
  • Christlike Parenting
  • Transforming the Difficult Child
V. Religious
  • The Book of Mormon
  • Glimpses of Lehi's Jerusalem


There'll be more. I built a new tab to keep track of this goal, so the updates will be up there.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin