09 10

13 July 2015

Vacation Time!


So, my sister had a baby. An adorable one, to boot. The kids and I got to run away for a few days to smother her in kisses. It was quite the adventure. 




Dragon and Cousin C played at getting married. Or, they tried to. "I tried to get married, but my wedding was crashed FIVE TIMES!" Her little brother clearly thought they were playing Chase, rather than House, with hilarious results. 


We took all the cousins to the zoo. They were pretty sure that a picture of the whole bunch of them was torture. Buncha cuties. The part where they're lined up in age order is a happy accident. 



The statues were clearly the best part of the zoo. So much so that Uncle D and I discussed how a date to the zoo - no kids allowed - would be nice. Then, we could read plaques and look at animals (rather than statues: we checked out ALL the statues we found) and linger a bit if we wanted to. Silly grown-ups. That's not how you do zoos! 



Cute baby! Cute sister! 


We messed with this big watery globe thingy they had just inside the front gate for a while at the end, putting off the end of the event: Nana and Grandpa were leaving to visit Uncle J and aunt N: they're moving at the end of the month, and could use a hand getting ready. 

The next morning I got together with a blogging buddy. We'd planned to do some geocaching, but it was a canyon, and there wasn't enough signal to play. We had a great time anyway. 




It was lovely. Nobody wanted to leave. At some point, I'd love to do something like this again. 


On the way back, we drove past the temple where my Grandma used to be an organist. 


More excitement the next day: we took the kids for a picnic on Temple Square. Dragon was particularly impressed with the Conference Center. 




The last day, I slipped in a quick get-together with a college friend. It was such a lovely trip. 

5 comments:

Anne Chovies said...

It was so good to have all that family time with kids and grandkids. I love it when the cousins get together!

Cellista said...

Oh, that is an adorable baby!

Ritsumei said...

Oh, she is!! I wish I could have caught a picture of her smiling - but I smiled back and cooed at her, which was tons of fun, and occasionally got me a giggle, too!

Anne Chovies said...

There just want enough time on this trip. I would have loved to have made it to Temple Square. We had a couple of other stupid we would have liked to have made but there just want time for it all. Ooh, well. Guess we'll just have to go again!

Garry said...

so nice pic family pic.i really like it

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin