09 10

08 August 2016

Whole Wheat Sourdough Saga: Part 3


I woke my start up making zucchini bread. It was yummy. 

Now for sandwich bread. 

I have a recipe all picked out. I made the dough right before bed, then baked it the following morning. 



The recipe doesn't call for any oil, which I wasn't so sure about, since oil has an important part to play in bread. So I set up a second loaf for the afternoon. 



It's not terrible bread. But it's dense, which my family doesn't prefer, and the crust is really tough. I have to figure out what makes crust that way, so I can quit it. I have no idea at this point what is my problem and what is the recipe.



The second loaf, with oil, was better. But it's still tougher and denser than I like. There will be more experiments. I think the next one will be to use the dutch oven, and see if the heavier, lidded pan does better for me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin