09 10

07 January 2014

Playing in Watercolors



I was trying for this:



But so far I have this: 



I thought I needed more practice! But I finished it anyway, and ended up with this:




  I learned a lot, and wanted to try it again. I'm thinking of this stuff a lot like copywork, and so I made this:



I haven't put in any trees in the foreground, but I'm not sure if I'm going to, because I am frustrated with the paints. We're still just using the Crayola watercolors, and it's difficult to get the colors dark. They just thin out, and I think it's the quality of my paints. I plan to get some better colors, but I haven't done it yet.

Hero wanted to play too, so he did this one.



And later, copying my work, he did this. I'm kind of at a loss as to how he coaxed such deep colors from our little paints. Now that I'm thinking about it, I should have him show me, and then I can finish my picture.


 
 
Dragon painted as well. Here is his picture:
 



 
I'd say that is a pretty successful series of art classes! I'm thinking I'll try this one next. The cool thing is, I've noticed that, at least with this, if I do it myself, pretty soon I'm hearing, "Can I paint too?" Music to my ears!
 

 

P.S. I'm so glad you stopped by to read about the adventures at our house! If you want more, "Like" my blog on Facebook to get posts (and the articles n things I wish I had time to blog about) in your feed. Wanna see all the projects and ideas that I may or may not get around to? Follow me on Pinterest. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin