09 10

07 February 2014

Weekly Wrapup: the sick one

Poor Hero's had a tummy bug this week, so we haven't done much school. Mostly just some reading. And documentaries. Quite a few of those, mostly about military planes. Missiles. Things That Go Boom.

So, with less school going on, I've had more free time than usual. I started the week doing really well with housework, but the baby isn't feeling well now, so that means lots of snuggling. I've been reading, and it feels so nice to do more of that! I didn't even realize how much I've been missing reading Real Paper Books. Matter of fact, I didn't even realize how little of that I've been doing. I could use some fiction to work on. I like non-fiction, and I've been reading more of it in recent years than in any other season of my life. But I've gradually become disenchanted with all my fiction authors, and I've suddenly realized I miss it. I'm halfway toying with the idea of dusting off my novel that I was writing and finishing it. And possibly writing a book about the human body and puberty that isn't so terribly simplistic, nor filled with propaganda, nor sending subtly negative messages about the body. That is an intriguing idea. I have yet to see anything available that is even remotely acceptable (not that I've done an exhaustive study, yet); maybe I need to make what I want to see.


While Hero's been down for the count, Dragon has been getting a lot of one-on-one attention, and the time to focus on just him is delightful. I have a few pictures from when we made naan (or at least, a naan-like-object) the other day. He loves it when we cook. I need to figure out a way to do more of this with both boys - and soon, my girl too. It just gets so complicated when we're all trying to do it all at once! But this time, it was just me and my Dragon. Yes. I know the one picture is fuzzy. That's pretty true-to-life. The boy is a study in perpetual motion.


 
 
 
 
And that's been our week. Not too much going on, and that is ok.
 
Pop on over to Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers to find out what other families have been up to this week!

1 comment:

Lisa @ Our Country Road said...

Hope you all start feeling better!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin