09 10

08 December 2009

In My Home



Do not trade your birthright as a mother for some bauble of passing value. Let your first interest be in your home. The baby you hold in your arms will grow quickly as the sunrise and sunset of the rushing days.
-Gordon B. Hinckley (emphasis added)



Trish, of Mommyx12, has some beautiful thoughts about Mothering, and about the joys that are only to be found in the home. She quotes Michelle of She Looketh Well:



He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside still waters . . . In returning to Me and resting in Me you shall be saved in quietness and trusting confidence shall be your strength . . . Come to Me all you who are weary, I will cause you to rest.

No, I don’t believe Jesus is behind this crazy pace. Am I willing to listen to the Voice of my Good Shepherd instead of the voice in my head, or the the voice of our culture?


And then she adds this wisdom of her own:



I have gotten into the habit to actually whisper a prayer each day and ask the Lord to bless my eyes to see and my heart to feel the joys and happiness that can only be found within the walls of my own home.



What a wonderful idea! I need to start doing that.

Thanks, Trish.

4 comments:

Rebecca Irvine said...

Such a sweet thought-thanks for sharing this.

Unknown said...

I'm happy you got something out of it. I know I did. I constantly have to keep telling myself, slooooow down girl. It's hard for sure.

Elaine said...

This is such a great post. What a great way to stay close to God throughout the day!


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Dianna said...

That's a beautiful quote. Thanks for sharing it. It's easy to forget how important our work at home is.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin