09 10

14 February 2010

Yum



Chicken Panini

Chicken breasts - 1 for every 2 sandwiches you want to make.
Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning
Flour (optional)
Lettuce
Tomato
Onion
Bread
Mayonaise

First, the fun part: take your chicken breast, place it on a piece of wax paper, and place another piece of wax paper on top. Grab your meat tenderizer - the "kitchen hammer" at my house - and whack that thing until it gets flat. Andy tells me I was getting them to about 3/8 to 1/2 inch thick. He's good at estimating that sort of thing. Now, cut it about in half, and you can make 2 sandwiches from one breast. Since I had regular sandwich bread today, I made my cut across the fat part, but had I not forgotten, we were going to build these on some day-old Jimmy John's sub bread, and I would probably have cut them more the long way to fit that bread.

Put a layer of the Creole seasoning in a pie plate, or other flat dish, and set the chicken in on both sides to get some seasoning on it. It's pretty intense, just straight, so I think that the next time I do this I'll probably try cutting the Creole seasoning with a little flour. However, we still ate it and enjoyed it, just plain, so if you like it intense, don't bother. Toss the chicken on the griddle - I use my griddle for all sorts of non-pancake things, and it's great for this - and do the next piece of chicken. You'll want to turn them quite a few times, to give the chicken a chance to cook all the way through without getting burnt.

Tear up some lettuce, cut the tomatoes into slices. Cut the ends off the onion, cut it in half, and peel it. Cut half into strips. As your first pieces of chicken get finished, put the onion on the griddle with a drop of olive oil, and let the onion pieces caramelize just a little. When all of your chicken is finished, put a little butter on the griddle, and toast your bread.

Assemble your sandwiches. YUM!

3 comments:

misskate said...

OOoooooo! Sounds delightful :)

Ritsumei said...

It was. I had leftovers today, and it's still pretty good, even if we are out of tomatoes.

Unknown said...

Yum that looks really good!! That would be a treat around here!! Hey, Saturday the 27th sounds wonderful. Did I get the date right?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin