09 10

12 June 2010

Weekly Wrap-up: Ready, Set, Go Edition





We ended up basically taking the month of May off, following the death of my Grandma and a long trip for her funeral, but now we're home again and getting things back on track. I spent some time this week planning a new schedule and ordering a few things for the rest of the summer, so that when they come Monday we should be good to go until the baby gets here.

Most of our routines needed to be re-established, and one that I very much enjoyed doing again is cooking with Monkey. Andy got me a double-decker waffle maker, and of course we had to try it out. Delicious! Monkey being Monkey, was right in the thick of things. Though he has decided that eggs are too gooey, and they are now my job again. But pouring the batter into the iron and turning it over was definitely his job!


As far as academics, we didn't do a lot this week, though I did get our calendar set up again, which pleases the Monkey, and we did some nature study in the garden, which pleased me, except for the part where I ran out of energy before I ran out of work!

One thing we did not do is our read-aloud. We were doing Black Beauty before we left to go out West, but I find that I just don't want to, now that we're back, so I'm back to looking for another book to read, and taking suggestions.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin