09 10

24 January 2012

Scrapbooks and Missile Kisses

I've recently discovered digital scrapbooking, and I love it. I've been working on Dragon's baby book while I try to figure out how to make digital scrapbooking work for the family books and Monkey's books. Creating the pages is a blast; printing them is a challenge. I don't have a system, but I'm getting closer!

Tonight Dragon saw this page I made for his book, for February of 2011.


When I told him, "That's Baby Dragon," he responded by kissing his hand and saying, "BOOM!" Around here we are raising manly-men, and they don't blow kisses. Nope, they stick 'em on a missile and shoot 'em.

"BOOM!!"

2 comments:

misskate said...

That is super awesome!! Made me, and my hubby, laugh aloud :)
Boom!

Ritsumei said...

Missile kisses have been around for quite a while - they're Monkey's brain child, invented to help kisses bridge the gap between him and the parent that's too far away to give an actual kiss too. (For whatever reason, blowing kisses never caught on when he was a baby.) At the time, he'd been watching Superman, and Superman had been punching missiles - loaded with silver iodide - out of the sky, so occasionally they have some silver iodide in the missiles too. But now Dragon's getting big enough to play the game: he's the perfect age for blowing kisses. But around here we don't blow 'em, we shoot 'em, so that's what he's doing. Hilarious. And oh so very awesome when my boys have the kisses flying between their beds at night when they're supposed to be sleeping. One sends a kiss, then the other returns one, and then there's another, and pretty soon the missile-kisses are flying fast and furious. I hate to break it up so they can sleep!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin