09 10

30 April 2008

Smell a RAT Much?

This whole FLDS polygamous ranch thing stinks. It seems more and more than the whole thing is just persecution of an unpopular religious group. I can't say that I much care for the whole fundamentalist Mormon movement, and it's a pain that the media has such a hard time telling fundamentalists from members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, so we get all sorts of odd things said about us. But the FLDS folks should get the same protection under the law that everyone else gets. If those phone calls were a hoax then they should get their children - and an apology. At the very least, they should be able to see their lawyers!

If they can do it to the FLDS, they can do it anybody.

Here's a blog with some interesting commentary on what's going on.

1 comment:

Keeley said...

It's really just tearing me apart, thinking of those little kids removed from their parents.

I think it's sooooo convenient that there are "signs" that boys have been abused. Mmmhmmm. I think the texas child protective services suddenly realized "oops, perhaps this was a mistake" given the large outcry against this governmental abuse, and felt the need to provide reasons why they did this terrible thing. My general feeling is "Yeah, right" until they provide absolute concrete evidence.

I can't think about it too much. I end up crying my eyes out. Those poor little kids.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin