I swiped this meme from my cousin.
1. Did you date someone from your school? Nope, but still I actually got engaged to a boy from church at 16. It was a bad idea.
2. What kind of car did you drive? I sometimes drove my folks' 12 passenger van, and I did some time in an old car that had a bit of a leak in the gas tank. Don't fill it more than about 1/2 way. There was also the car with the oil light. If the "check oil" light got too persistent you pulled over & added more oil & it went away. I didn't get to take the Metro much, Dad needed it.
3. What was the most embarrassing moment of HS? I don't know. The whole thing was pretty bad. Might have been coming in last in the mile (again) and then being unable to breathe for hours after. Might have been when they did the scoliosis testing... and I had it. Nope, sorry, that was junior high.
4. Were you a party animal? I wasn't terribly interested.
5. Were you considered a flirt? Not that I know of.
6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Yes (french horn), no, yes.
7. Were you a nerd? Hmmm. If nerd=good grades & socially awkward, then yes, I guess I was a bit of a nerd. But I didn't use a pocket protector or anything like that.
8. Were you on any varsity teams? Does lettering in band count?
9. Did you get suspended/expelled? Are you kidding? My death would have quickly followed - my parents would have killed me!
10. Can you still sing the fight song? Do people do that? It was on the wall in the one school's gym, but I never figured out why.
11. Who were your favorite teachers? Maestro. He was the Spanish teacher at my 2nd high school. Also taught signed Spanish. I'd just finished studying American Sign Language with an interpreter at the old school, and it was a huge advantage. He was great: immersion from day 1. Sadly, we didn't stay at that school long.
12. Where did you sit during lunch? With a book.
13. School mascot? Panthers, can't remember, and Penguins.
14. Did you go to homecoming, and with who? No. I was never asked. And I'm not sure I'd've gone anyway: I just didn't get the whole homecoming Thing.
15. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Are you kidding??? NO.
16. What do you remember most about graduation? It was pretty boring. Lots of hype. Bad music (the band wasn't very good at all). Probably was a waste of time.
17. Where did you go senior skip day? Didn't have one.
18. Were you in any clubs? School 1: Debate, newspaper, yearbook. School 2 & 3: I got a job instead.
19. Have you gained some weight since then? Sadly, yes.
20. Who was your prom date? Didn't go.
21. Are you planning on going to your next year reunion? Doubtful. Either they didn't have a 10 year, or I didn't get the memo. I got along better with the next younger class anyway.
22. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself? Don't sweat it: it's gonna be over and then it Just Doesn't Matter. At least, not after you get your ACT score & start college. Also, work harder on that midwifery apprenticeship. That was cool & you'll regret not doing more.
If you swipe the meme, leave me a link, eh? I'd like to read yours!