09 10

20 July 2011

Links Links Links

Haven't had time to collect many links lately, but it sure is fun to browse around a bit when there is time. So many good ideas out there! Got a pretty good grab-bag this time. Enjoy!

Here's a good one: Keeping Hands Busy and Minds Engaged During Read-Alouds. There's enough good stuff in this one to keep a family coming back for more and more for quite a while!

 One Obama Presser [press release] 36 Obama Lies and Deceptions. They've gone through point-by-point, sometimes several in a sentence. I love that kind of breakdown of an article. It's particularly unfortunate that it's lies our President told  us this time.

I've got a shirt that I'm going to make. Well, I'm going to make it after the mess in my home is settled, after I find my sewing machine, and after I find my fabric, and after I find my pattern. I suspect that none of those things are actually together in the same place. But one of these days I'm going to make this fun knit shirt. I haven't done very many knits. None, actually. And Burda has this article about using a toile - that's a muslin mock-up for folks like me that don't know the fancy terms - that's just in time and has some great tips.

My Grandma died last year, and one of the things my Mother brought home was the string of pearls plant Grandma had in her kitchen window. The plan was to propagate it and pass out the babies so we all could have some of Grandma's plant. Only, the poor thing went into shock over being transported 1500 miles in a car. And it's kind of been downhill from there. Now I've got one tiny little strand of pearls that I'm trying to re-root in some fresh dirt. As a result, I've been reading what little I can find about this plant. If anyone's got one and would care to offer advice, I could use it. This and this are what I've found that's useful. It's not much to go on. But the poor little plant isn't dead yet!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin