We had a friend over, and had a blast dying everything we could get our hands on. Got some cute stuff out of it, and learned a few things about tie-dye and batik.
- Don't forget to let the stuff sit after you pull it out of the dye.
- Rinse it while it's still tied up, so that the white stays brighter.
- Wax melts nicely in my mini crock-pot, but
- Batik has to be done on dry fabric. If it's wet it will resist the wax and take the dye.
- Make sure you have plenty of space to hang things: if they touch the dye can transfer.