09 10

10 November 2011

1000 Gifts

I don't know if I can get 1000 on the blog before the end of the month, but here goes. I'm counting my blessings.If I can find the time for the blogging, it shouldn't be hard; there's so many I don't know where to start. Here they are, in no particular order.

1. Medicine. Dragon got bronchitis about a month ago. He got mostly better, but then relapsed a couple days ago and we hauled him back to the doctor. And came home with 4 prescriptions. I've never seen our pediatrician look so serious in the 5 years we've been seeing him. Two days later, Dragon is nearly his old self again. Yep, I'm mighty grateful for medicine!


2. Snow. We got our first snow today. Monkey spent a good chunk of morning sitting and watching it fall.

3. Books. Nonfiction. Fiction. Comics. Dictionaries. But especially...

4. Scripture. The Bible. The Book of Mormon. I love that we have an open cannon. I love the the Lord hasn't said, "That's all you get, no more." I love that He loves us enough to give us more of His word from time to time.


"Scriptures are like packets of light that illuminate our minds and give place to guidance and inspiration from on high. They can become the key to open the channel to communion with our Father in Heaven and His Beloved Son, Jesus Christ."
-Richard G. Scott, "The Power of Scriptures"

5. My Warm Coat. With the snow here, I'll be putting in the liner. I love to be warm. And, being warm, I'm discovering that...

6. Outside in Winter is a lovely place.

7. Clean Water. And it's easy to get to. I read about the Church's efforts to bring clean water closer to homes in Africa and realize what a blessing hot and cold running water is.

8. Visiting Friends in NC. We went a couple weeks ago, and I've got some great pictures - but haven't gotten them on the blog yet. It was an awesome visit and I'm so glad we went!


9. My Husband. He's my best friend!

10. A Warm House. Did I mention that I like to be warm?

There. 10 isn't much, if I'm going to make it to 1000, but it's a start. And, it being late, it's going to have to do for tonight.

2 comments:

misskate said...

I love that picture of Dragon :) He's such a cutie.. and he makes Monkey look like an elf!
Hope everyone is staying healthy!!

Anne Chovies said...

That's a great picture of your yongest. He's a cutie.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin