09 10

05 August 2014

Watercolor Play

I'm planning to try an Art Monday, and see if we can't be a little more consistent and focused in our efforts at learning to do art. To that end, we'll be putting Picture Study back into our lineup, since it has (again) fallen to the wayside. And I'm collecting some watercolor tutorials as well. The plan is to mess around and have fun with the paints for around 6 weeks, and then to pick one of the works we studied and try reproducing it. Dragon, I expect, will be too little for this activity to really take hold, though he'll have fun playing in the paints. But Hero, I am thinking, should be able to do some good things. And, there's nothing like trying a thing to make you appreciate what went into creating it!
































It looks like fun to me -- wish us luck!




P.S. I'm so glad you stopped by to read about the adventures at our house! If you want more, "Like" my blog on Facebook to get posts (and the articles n things I wish I had time to blog about) in your feed. Wanna see all the projects and ideas that I may or may not get around to? Follow me on Pinterest. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin