09 10

18 December 2006

Books I Gotta Get

Alright, I keep seeing people recommend books. Just tonight I've seen enough reading material on homeschooling to keep me reading for a month or more - and I read relatively quickly. Here's a few that look the most interesting:

Dumbing Us Down by John Taylor Gatto
How to Homeschool: a practical approach by Gayle Grahm
The Right Choice: homeschooling by Christopher Klicka
Is There Life After Housework by Don Aslett
Introduction to Classical Education by Christine Miller
Preparing for a Great Books Education by Wes Callihan
How to Read a Book by Mortimer J. Adler & Charles van Doren
Tom Brown's Field Guide to Nature & Survival for Children by Tom & Judy Brown

Guess I better get to the library and see if they've got any of these and see what I can get started on. I did peek at one, and Amazon had a used copy for less than $5, so I may look into that as well. In deciding to homeschool, I suspect that our personal library will be growing quite a bit over the next several years. Right now we've got a good start - there are 6 bookshelves in our home already, mostly full of books, but it's not a library that will give a well rounded education just yet.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin