09 10

01 October 2010

Weekly Wrap-up: The Very Busy One



My goodness, it's been a busy busy week!

Raven's gotten pretty good at smiling, which is delightful. A new friend was moving, and her car was dying, so Andy spent quite a bit of time helping her with both problems, and then I got my turn helping clean the old place. I've also been playing around with my new Etsy shop (check out the link in my sidebar). We've been to the orchard, then had friends over to play in the kitchen. Oh, and Andy worked about 10 hours of overtime this week. Plus, we did pretty well on school.

Math has been Monkey's favorite, lately. Early in the week he brought me our dot-to-dot book, and we did several pages. Later in the week, we did a shapes activity. The idea was to take 2 shapes & make a picture out of them. I thought he'd love this one, but it was actually not terribly interesting, which surprised me. We also did another Math Monster.



Phonics, he hasn't been so interested in, so there hasn't been any extras here! But he did spend some time reviewing his letters & sounds on starfall, and we played his new Monster Much game, using double consanat words that he feeds to the monster after he reads them. That was a well received!



We're nearly finished with Charlotte's Web, our current Read Aloud. Just this afternoon a friend recommended Mr. Popper's Penguins, so we will likely do that next.

Scripture Reading is going well. Monkey and I are making slow but steady progress in the four Gospels, and I'm starting to remember to read the Book of Mormon to Raven more regularly. It helps that he has more awake time now than he did at first!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My girls LOVED Starfall when they wree Monkey's age! And Charlotte's Web is one of our forever favorites. What a wonderful week.

Keeley said...

That monster is so cute. =) I can't believe Monkey sit still for Charlotte's Web! I couldn't get Andrew to do that if I tried.

Ritsumei said...

Thanks! I had fun making it! We read either at nap time & bed time or, since I eat faster, I'll sometimes eat to him while I wait for him to finish eating. I try to choose times that are already quiet & snuggly. And some days we don't read much. But we started with read-alouds when he was about 1, so we've got a bit of practice now. And I quit any story that he's clearly not into, which also helps.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin