09 10

25 June 2007

Today in School: Monday

I figure that I'll put up posts of what we do for some (but likely not all) of the days we do school. I did one of these "reporting" posts for last week, and we did some reading on a couple of the days that I didn't post.

Today we read a little more than a chapter of "Treasure Island" by Robert Louis Stevenson. It's a fun book so far, and one I expect that the Monkey will enjoy more later on. I find that I've gotten rusty on reading out loud, and the language is a little bit old and unfamiliar, so it's good practice for me to read it to him, not to mention that it's good for the Monkey to be exposed to lovely language.

I did some heavier cleaning this morning: moved the couches and vacuumed under them (been reading FLYlady again, this week's zone is the living room) and I put the Monkey in his exersaucer and he watched with REALLY BIG eyes while I moved the two couches and got rid of the junk under them. How does so much dirt get under something that doesn't move?


We also worked on some gross motor movement. Which is fancy language for we played on his new toy a little bit. That was a fun part of the day. He's starting to get the hang of crawling and pulling up on the new climbing toy. I lured him up with something he wanted: my new measuring spoons. Because spoons are fascinating and wonderful. Crawling has been a bit of a challenge: who needs to crawl when you can scoot, roll, and wallow? But I think he's getting it now, and can finally move forward. Forward is Good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin