09 10

21 June 2007

Today in School

Today we did some drawing with crayons. I drew shapes, he examined the crayons & occasionally made a mark. Whenever he'd try to eat one I helped him scribble a few circles. It went pretty well.

We did a little reading: Eric Carle's "Have You Seen My Cat" and "My Little Book of Jungle Animals." Also, Monkey's board books are on a low shelf & he enjoys pulling them all off, which he did several times today.

Also, we explored how to play a piano. He really enjoyed that. And his banging was actually kinda nice. He was hitting a lot of black keys & it all seemed to work pretty well. He would bang high, then low. I was most entertained. After he was done "playing" I practiced myself, so it was good for us both. For once I was actually happy with my improvising!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin