09 10

06 May 2011

Linking Up

Been wandering around to some of the carnivals I like to frequent. From the Carnival of Homeschooling we have:

John Locke Teaches Narration. Not the philosopher, apparently John Locke is a character from Lost. Dunno; haven't seen it. But the post is about visualization and the difference it makes in the family's homeschool to visualize. Our math book is forever reminding me to tell Monkey, "Close your eyes. Visualize." I've been resisting. Maybe I'm doing him a disservice.

This one is just entertaining - and it's got a fun tone. But it's also got a great point: The Three Most Important Words When Reading Aloud.

The timing on this one, about Terrariums, couldn't be better: I was recently given a book called Creepy Crawlies and the Scientific Method. Guess where the creepy crawlies live? Yeah, in a Terrarium. Cool. They even included a link to the Terrarium Man. I gotta browse his site at some point.


"Why I Take Care of My  Own Daughter" is pointed - but timely.


The Charlotte Mason Carnival is themed around art appreciation this week. This is perfect for me, since we're just starting to do some of that.

A few words on the benefits of doing art

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin