09 10

04 January 2007

He Speaks!

I got a copy of Joseph Garcia's Sign With your Baby at a girlfriend's yard sale. I read it & started signing "milk" and "toilet/diaper" with the Little Monkey right away. The book says you should start showing your baby a few signs at about 6 months, but I figured more language never hurt anyone & started showing those 2 signs just before 3 months. I was prepared for a very long wait before we saw any signs back, but out little guy was surprisingly quick! You have to be paying very close attention, because he's not terribly coordinated yet, but he's giving the whole communication thing the "good ole college try!"

This is my Little Monkey eating his "T." It's pretty typical of how he does it right now: eats the T while we change his diaper. I suspect that it's going to be a while before we get a picture of "milk" as that one is much more fleeting, when we see it at all. The T, he has been chewing on through some of his changes the past couple of days.

Hey - if it means that my 3 month old can tell me even a little of what's on his mind, I'm all for it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin