09 10

04 January 2007

My, That's Dense!

OK, I've been working my way through those books I got at the library right after Christmas. My current one that looks like it's going to be very useful is Home Learning Year by Year: How to design a homeschool curriculum by Rebecca Rupp. I've actually only read the first little bit. With my munchkin just learning to sit up, I have not been quite as interested in what to teach in middle school just yet. But the book's got some great information. It's got recommended books and websites for standards in teaching various subjects, so you know what the "experts" say kids should know at a given age. It's also got - and my project tonight is to visit some of these - websites with some fun activities that help build a preschooler's foundation so they're ready for more "advanced" studies when they start "school."

One of the games she suggests is "Line Jumpers" at funbrain.com. Tried this one out Super Brain level - addition and subtraction of positive and negative numbers - and learned that it's been a while since I worked with negative numbers!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin