09 10

12 January 2007

Managing My Time

So, I headed over to welltrainedmind.com to see what sort of interesting things they have on their website. The book mentions message boards, and I'd really like to talk to someone who's done this. I'm feeling intimidated by homeschooling in general and by the classical education in particular. But it's the best model I've come across to date, so it's what I'm leaning toward right now.

Anyway, in the process of wandering around their site, I discover that Susan Bauer has a blog, so I stop by & I find that she's made herself a color-coded schedule. Interesting. I really wish she'd gone into a bit more detail about how it works, but it's an intriguing idea. One of my big issues with homeschooling is that I'm worried that I won't be organized enough. That Monkey's education will suffer because I slack off. I'm just not so good at big long projects... 12 years of education is one MASSIVE project.

So I think I might have to give this schedule idea some thought. Trying to put myself on a schedule might be more than a little interesting, what with A's "schedule" being so variable and unpredictable. But it does seem that some sort of schedule would help me get more done. There's so much that I'd like to get accomplished that I don't.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin