09 10

18 July 2007

BBB: Lesson 8

I find it a bit amazing that we're already doing lesson 8! That means that when we've finished this bunch of school we'll have done 16 weeks - a semester - plus a week off. Not too bad. And we're still doing it, which is very encouraging to me.

After reading Nonfiction Matters: reading, writing, and research in grades 3-8 by Stephanie Harvey, I'm changing things just a bit to include a nonfiction book each week in addition to the fiction stories that we've been reading thus far. I'm also working on getting some tapes of people reading poetry to listen too. I'm thinking about making one myself, but I'm not at all sure that I want to listen to my own voice on tape. But hopefully I'll have something by the time it's time to start lesson 9.

So. Here's the plan for this lesson:

Fiction:
Week 1: Baby Food by Saxton Freymann
Week 2: The Napping House by Audrey Wood

Nonfiction:
Week 1: Seahorses by Elaine Landau
Week 2: The Shipbuilders by Leonard Everett Fisher

Read Aloud:
Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame, chapter 1

Bible:
Week 1: The Tower of Babel
Week 2: Abraham and Sarah

Book of Mormon:
2 Nephi 19

Classical Music:
Tchaikovsky's Nutcraker Suite and Serenade for Strings

Game:
Tic-tac-toe
(Play by tracing X's and O's on your baby's back. As you trace repeat this rhyme: "X's and O's, X's and O's, where I stop, nobody knows." Just after you say nobody knows, choose a spot and tickle!)

Art:
Coloring with crayons

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin