09 10

09 July 2007

Today in School: Monday


Today we met some friends at the library and picked up several board books as well as some books for Mom (cuz I'm not reading enough already... just check the sidebar!), and some recordings: Debussy and Rachmaninoff's piano stuff, as well as Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite. Gonna have some good music around here! A couple of the board books we got are just adorable - well worth a peek, even if your kids are not the write age. For instance: Baby Food, by Saxton Freymann, is just fabulous! It's baby animals... made out of food! I'm also loving Over in the Meadow, illustrated by Michael Evans, but I really can't see who did the text.

We also attempted some coloring because the Monkey saw the box of crayons and got all kinds of excited. It didn't go as well as I'd hoped though: he has apparently forgotten the "don't eat crayons" rule. Each time he tried to eat a crayon, I helped him scribble a bit on the papter. There's lots of scribbles, as you can see. Try again another day, right?

Also, I tried to do some genealogy while he was sleeping, but between the short nap and being distracted (who me??), I didn't get a whole lot done. However, I must say that Ancestry.com has got some pretty cool toys. I'm particularly fond of their "auto-search" feature that they have when you make a family tree. Absolutely addictive.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin