09 10

17 July 2007

Today in School: Monday

Hmmm. Interesting that so many of these "today" posts are Mondays. I'll have to pay attention to whether it's because we actually do better at school on Monday or if I just like to blog on Monday.

Today we read several stories: Mommy Hugs and Head Shoulders Knees and Toes and some other ones that don't come to mind right now. He "helped" me unload the dishwasher. That consisted of pulling the silverware rack right out of the tray, which was entertaining. But then he dropped it. Also, I stripped him to his diaper and dangled his feet into a sink full of water. I was envisioning the science play you hear about sometimes, pouring water from one measuring cup to another, playing with the whisk. None of that stuff was nearly as cool as just kicking the water. Since we don't have a bathtub, he takes showers and seldom gets to splash. I guess the splashing should have been predictable. It was fun to watch him wear his "observing" face for the first few minutes, then switch over to grinning as he kicked his little feet in the water. Didn't take him long at all to get it all over the place. At the end I gave him his own dishtowel, thinking that I'd encourage him to "help" cleanup. It was pretty fun.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin