09 10

05 August 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...
The moon is full and beautiful. Summer is beginning to fade, the tomatoes will be on soon, not long after that the leaves will fall. It is beautiful.

I am thinking...
About my brother's wedding and the wonderful woman who will be my new sister by the end of the week.

I am thankful for...

flowers and the jogging stroller which I'll be using again after the wedding, and for my new mixer & the instructions that "Cookie Craft" has for making cookies, which make making cookies TONS easier. Oh, wait, that's the kitchen entry.

From the learning rooms...

Monkey is playing sound games more and more, "C-c-cookie" "M-m-moon" and seems to be getting closer to making that connection between the letters and sounds we play with and the written words in his books. We are definitely making progress. At least, on his stuff. For myself, I'm reading "1776" with my sister and "John Adams" by myself, both by David McCullough, I'm stalled on Les Mis & America's Constitution, as it takes so much time to do those with the notebooking that I want to do, but I'll be back to them. I also read several of the YA books I got at the thrift shop: a biography of Anne Sullivan and one called "Hatchet" that was pretty enjoyable.

From the kitchen...
Canning is temporarily susspended until after the wedding. Somewhere between now and the end of July I need to make another 150 cookies so we can decorate them for the reception at the end of the month. So no more blueberry jam this summer. Probably. Some people have eyes bigger than their plates. I have plans bigger than my calendar. Someday I'll get this all down to a science, so that I can plan the amount of stuff that I actually have time for. Key to that skill is deciding what to let go of, which I am NOT good at.

I am going...
to bed soon, I hope.

I am reading...
Oh, I answered this one already, up in the learning section. I can tell it's been a while since I did this.

I am hoping...
to get pregnant soon.

I am hearing...
nothing. It's a rare thing.

Around the house...
I see more evidence that I've filled my schedule too full (again). It's messy. Fixing that is on the agenda for tomorrow.

One of my favorite things...
is tickling Monkey. He wiggles and giggles and says, "You make me laugh!" Which just delights me.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Meeting with old friends, getting together with LOTS of family, meeting the bride's family, going to the Temple with Jake (mission prep), and then with the bride & groom.


Here is picture thought I am sharing...

1 comment:

Tianna said...

I hear you on the whole, "Having bigger plans than your calender." I seem to have that issue sometimes too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin