09 10

09 April 2011

Links and More Links

Barb has a great list of bird stuff. I downloaded bird notebooking pages and the feeder birds coloring book. Monkey loves birds, and I think this will be a great addition to the work we're doing with birds right now. Seeing as he's so interested, I'm seriously considering making our 6 weeks of birds into more birds than that. I'll have to ask him and see what he says.

Kate linked to this great article. She loved this line: "Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work." I love this other one: "Devoting yourself to something means shutting out other things." I find shutting out the other things to be painful: all those might-have-beens. So then I try to do everything, and I wear myself to a nub, drive my husband crazy, and... don't do any of them well. I've been thinking lately that I'm going to have to let some of my hobbies go in order to do a good job with this whole homeschooling thing. That's hard. But it's priorities. Desires guide priorities, and priorities guide choice, and that becomes my life. To create a priority (I'm going to homeschool my boys and do the very best job I can possibly do at it) means to shut out other things (I will never be a concert pianist, though I once dreamed that dream). And that's OK. Right, even.

The Dread Pirate Grasshopper Has His First Epiphany: The Equuschick on Justice and Mercy. I love reading her stuff, and this one is particularly good.

An unusual angle on the whole socialization thing.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin