09 10

06 May 2007

Torturing My Brother

I went to visit Mom's kindergarten class on Friday. Had a blast. Since Andy & I went to Japan in 2004, Mom's had me over to her class every year to tell the kids a little about Japan. I show them my pictures & the kimono Andy got me (one of these days I'm gonna figure out how to wear that thing) and I read them my only Japanese storybook (if anyone knows where to get more, I'm interested), and they get to eat with chopsticks, that sort of thing for "Fantastic Friday" that they do. Got some great pictures of the kids trying to eat with chopsticks... but I don't have permission to post any of them.

Anyway, on to the torture part. After school we went to Fazoli's for dinner & I had several of my sibs in the car with me. Most notably Monkey's uncle, King Chumley, who had graciously waited until AFTER dinner, thus averting a fight. Only by this point in time, Monkey was crabby. However! We have been listening to Liszt's Concerto a LOT this past week, because it's the "listening music" that I'm exposing my piano students to this month. And Monkey likes it. So we turned that on. And turned it up. And it helped. Much to King Chumley's dismay. But I think he thought it was at least slightly better than the jingles I had been singing earlier in the car ride...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin