09 10

10 August 2007

BSPP: Lesson 9

We were out of town for part of last week, so I officially took the week off again, but unofficially we did some fun things. We started reading Quest for the Tree Kanagroo, which is great. I think it's going to be our new read-aloud. I started reading Wind in the Willows, but it's got some bad language in it, and I just didn't want to deal with that while I'm reading to my infant, so it's off the list. And Tree Kangaroos are way cooler than talking animals anyway.

Also, Grandma, Aunt A & Uncle S came up and we had a great time. We went to a petting zoo (those pictures are posted here). Then, before they had to go home we did some toe painting. We used finger paints, with our feet. Did it on the driveway & cleaned up with a hose. Next time I try this I'm going to strip the monkey to his diaper so he can sit down & really get into it.

Toe-painting with Mom and Aunt A.



Messy Feet - what fun!



Clean-up's not so bad when you do it with a hose!


So, all that is fun, but now it's time to think about working up a plan for the next two weeks. We're moving on from the Brightly Beaming Babies program. It's been a great beginning, but I find that I'm modifying it more and more every week, so we're going to strike out on our own. I'm posting some of my ideas as the Baby Steps Preschool Program, so that I'll have them for future kids & so that anyone else that wants to can play along with us. If you decide to play, I'd love any feedback you've got. Book suggestions, that sort of thing. It's still very much a work in progress right now, but I'm working on it. So. Here's the plan for this lesson:

Fiction:
Week 1: Over in the Meadow by Child's Play
Week 2: TykeOsaurs by Tom Arma

Nonfiction:
Week 1: The Journey of a Sea Turtle by Carolyn Scrace
Week 2: Police Officeres by Dee Ready

Read Aloud:
Quest for the Tree Kangaroo by Sy Montgomery, chapter 1-3

Bible:
Week 1: Abraham and the sacrifice of Isaac
Week 2: Isaac marries Rebekah

Book of Mormon:
2 Nephi 21-24

Classical Music:
Brahms Rhapsodies

Game:
Tic-tac-toe
(Play by tracing X's and O's on your baby's back. As you trace repeat this rhyme: "X's and O's, X's and O's, where I stop, nobody knows." Just after you say nobody knows, choose a spot and tickle!)

Art:
Coloring with crayons

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin