09 10

14 August 2007

Thinking in the Mind and Various Orginizational Thoughts

Found that there's a meme going around where people post different ideas on organizing your homeschool. I don't think that I've got a whole 7 things to contribute to it, but I am really enjoying looking at the things that the other have to say about it.

Headmistress, Zookeeper says a number of cool things. This one is my favorite - it's #7 on her list:
Do not try to do school at home. You're not a school. You're a family. ... You may not have pen and paper work to show for it, but the work of the mind happens in the mind, and it is what happens in the mind and heart that constitutes education.


Dawn has a number of great ideas too - I think that #2 & #3 are my favorites from her list:
Research the resources. I try to start this as early as I can because the more time I have, the better decisions I make. Once I determine what subjects we'll be studying I start looking around for the best possible resources. ...

Meet and mingle. Every summer I have at least one if not two or three coffee nights with my best homeschooling girlfriends.


Karen did hers haiku-style. Most entertaining. She's mentions their family's tradition of going to Mass & then out to breakfast. Traditions around the first of the school year are so much more flexible in a homeschool; we have all sorts of choices when it's time to formalize ours a little more!

Willa did hers in terms of habits. Habit 5 made me think:
5. Habit of fostering motivation and the responsible use of the will by balancing freedom and discipline.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin