09 10

14 August 2007

I'm Dreaming of a Gated Household!

(sung to "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas")

I'm dreaming of a gated household!
Where I can sit down for a while.
Where the baby's safe and
The cat can hide and
I can move the laundry o'er!

I'm dreaming of a gated household!
With every tipped o'er garbage can
I can feel my hair turning gray!
He's offic'ly a toddler now.



Yesterday, he discovered the bathroom. Which we keep open so the cat can eat her food, which is on the counter in there so that the baby can't. Toilet paper spins so invitingly! Fortunately I found the camera & got the picture before he got too much spun off. Getting distracted by the drawers didn't hurt.

Today, I went downstairs to put in the laundry and while I was down there he climbed up the stairs real quick to the upstairs. Just about gave me a heart attack when I realized what he'd done: he still sometimes tries to sit on the stairs, only lands with his butt out in space & has to be rescued from falling back down the steps. That would not have been good! Not to mention that his respect for "edges" is still developing, and his little look-what-I-did grin at the top was NOT reassuring that he wasn't going to get excited and try to crawl to me! I don't know what I was thinking, buying a house with all these stairs in it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin