09 10

13 February 2008

60 Things

1. What is in the back seat of your car right now?
A really big carseat. I'm told that it's supposed to stay there for a very very long time.


2. When was the last time you threw up
When I was pregnant with the Monkey. I threw up twice in the pregnancy. Mom tells me that it was more than she did her in her 8 pregnancies combined.

3. What's your favorite curse word?
Errr.... does "boogers" count as a curse?

4. Name 3 people who made you smile today?
Monkey, Andy, and Keeley

5. What were you doing at 8 am this morning?
I was staggering around trying to figure out why the Monkey was so very unhappy with me. He explained by falling back to sleep just before 9. I was good with that, and crawled back into bed myself.

6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Putting the Boy to bed for the night.

7. What will you be doing 3 hours from now?
I certainly hope that I'm sleeping!!


8. Have you ever been to a strip club?
Good grief, NO. Why on earth would I want to do that??

9. What is the last thing you said aloud?
"I'm going to be very full by morning." I'm weaning and the Boy didn't nurse tonight. It's a big step.

10. What is the best ice cream flavor?
Hmmm. I used to love a chocolate decadence, but I haven't been able to find that flavor for a very long time.

11. What was the last thing you had to drink?
water

12. What are you wearing right now?
Jeans, blue t-shirt, purple and green checked shirt

13. What was the last thing you ate?
potato salad. Taste testing to make sure that I got it right.

14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week?
2 new pairs of jeans, a pair of jammy pants, heart socks, and Irish socks.

15. When was the last time you ran?
Eek! I have no idea. I don't really like to do that sort of thing.

16. What's the last sporting event you watched?
Do I have to?? I guess that it'd be my little brother's basketball game, a year ago.

18. Who is the last person you emailed?
Errr.... the Daring Bakers folks? I don't know.

19. Ever go camping?
Yes. It always rains.

20. Do you have a tan?
Tee hee hee.... me, tanning. No. I don't tan. Except that since I've been getting acupuncture I do tan a little. It's just weird.

24. Do you drink your soda from a straw?
I generally don't drink soda. The bubbles make it icky.

25. What did your last IM say?
I don't IM.

26. Are you someone's best friend?
Of course - my husband's.

27. What are you doing tomorrow?
Playgroup in the morning, then grocery shopping and or a nap. Then we're going to have 4 piano lessons in the afternoon. If the grocery shopping doesn't happen around lunch time, then it's gotta happen after the lessons, because we're going out of town Saturday, and there needs to be food to come back to for Sunday. Not to mention that if I don't buy something the Boy and his Grandma will be very hungry here at home on Saturday.

28. Where is your mom right now?
At her house. Probably in bed, sleeping.

29. Look to your left, what do you see?
A big gray filing cabinet, with a small markerboard on it, covered in Boy scribbles. Adorable. Also, there's a Pizza Hut magnet. On top is 4 wooden puzzles which are under the basket the Boy's diapers are in. Behind that is a couple of trays that are full of various paper.

30. What color is your watch?
Silver with funny gold things.

31. What do you think of when you think of Australia ?
I'd like to visit sometime. But I'd rather go to New Zealand. I've got some friends who are from there, so I'm pretty curious.

32. Would you consider plastic surgery?
No! I really really really don't like the whole knocked out with someone cutting my body. Eek.

33. What is your birthstone?
Uhhh. Amethyst? My birthday was Sunday, so if you know you can tell me.

34. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru?
Mostly, we do fast food on trips, and then we're always in a hurry to get where we're going. It's going to be lots more interesting when we get there, so we just mostly go through the drive.

35.How many kids do you want?
A bunch. But I've got PCOS, which makes that unlikely. Oh, and also my husband isn't into the whole big family thing. That also makes it unlikely that there will be many many kids here.

36. Do you have a dog?
Sadly, no.

37. Last person you talked to on the phone?
Andy.

38. Have you met anyone famous?
Eeeeeehh.... no. Not that I can think of.

39. Any plans today?
I think the only thing left on my list of things to do is go to sleep.

40. How many states have you lived in?
Utah, California, Utah, Colorado, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Utah, Kentucky, Wisconsin. In that order.

41. Ever go to college?
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I studied East Asian Languages and Cultures.

42. Where are you right now?
In the computer room, at my desk, in front of the computer.

43. Biggest annoyance in your life right now?
The university that my husband is attending. Liberals, the lot of them. It's nice that I don't have to talk to them.

44. Last song listened to?
Whatever's last on the "Celtic Voyage" CD in my stereo.

46. Are you allergic to anything?
No.

47. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?
Are shoes supposed to be favorite?

48. Are you jealous of anyone?
Not that I can think of.

50. Is anyone jealous of you?
Unlikely.

51. What time is it?
11:41pm

52. Do any of your friends have children?
Yeah, mostly. Unless you count my sibs. Those guys are mostly too young still.

53. Do you eat healthily?
Mostly. Except when I don't.

54. What do you usually do during the day?
Play with my Monkey (in an educational way at least some of the time), read, clean the house. You know, since I started cleaning more it seems that I've been seeing more and more dirt, and it feels like the place is dirtier than it was when I hardly ever cleaned. How does that work??

55. Do you hate anyone right now?
Too much effort.

56. Do you use the word 'hello' daily?
Nah, I prefer "Hi." or a nice cheery "Good Morning!" Good morning is especially fun about 9pm.

58. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
31


59. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
In high school, but not since. I rode the batman roller coaster. Is that thing still there? It was a huge disappointment. We waited and waited and waited in a line that looked short when we got in it... and then the ride was of the "blink & miss it" sort. But the rest of the rides I tried were fun.

60. How did you get one of your scars?
I was bit by a teenage girl at a facility I worked at.

4 comments:

Keeley said...

That was really interesting! How's the weaning going? That's always such a difficult thing to do.

You don't IM either! How cool is that? =) We don't for safety reasons - how come you don't?

You have PCOS? You poor thing. =(

Why on earth do you want a dog? They just cost money and get hair everywhere. =D

Flylady says that when you clean and your house is consistently tidier than it was before, then you become more sensitized to it and you notice more and more clutter and dirt...so you clean that, and get used to that being clean...and then you notice more and more and so on. Therefore eventually as you get into cleaning routines you eventually get really good at keeping your house clean and tidy. Cool eh? =)

You were bit by a teenage girl? Man, I bet that's a good story.

Ritsumei said...

Weaning's actually going quite well. I think that we're down to the just before bed and first thing in the morning ones now, if we can make it through this afternoon when he gets up from his nap. Oddly enough, waking up is harder than going to sleep, and the 1st in the morning and right after his afternoon nap is going to be the hardest to eliminate. But we're getting there. Yesterday we didn't nurse from 10am to 4am - nearly 24 hours! Once we've done a week or two I'll get on some medications. I still haven't decided if it's going to be Chinese or Western though. I guess I'd best get to deciding. Need to do some praying about what will be best.

I don't IM cuz I don't really like it. For safety reasons, and it's a huge time-suck. I have plenty of those already. Say, like blogging LOL!

I like dogs. Or at least, I like the idea of a dog. We'd have to see how excited I remained when it was a million degrees below zero and the dog still needed to be walked. Or an ice storm and he needed to be walked. And the whole dog poo thing. It's a problem. But I'd sure like a mid-to-large dog to have around when Andy's not home, and Monkey just loves the cat, and she's terrified of him. Not because he's done anything terrible (for a toddler) just because she's always been that way. We realized she didn't like little people when some friends brought over their sleeping newborn for their first post-baby date night, and the cat slunk (slinked??) up to the side of the car seat, peeked at the adorably sleeping baby, hissed & ran away & we didn't see her any more until we got Rid. Of. That. Thing.

I wondered about that. Mom used to get after me for only vacuuming the middle of the room (or doing only the big dirt, or what have you) and I'd tell her that it looked the same to me, that I couldn't see the dirt, and I don't think that she ever believed me, but I was telling the truth! So it's a bit difficult for me to spend all this effort to keep the place nice, only to have more dirt show up on my radar!! But the idea of having a consistently clean place (with toys and books on top) is a pretty nice idea.

I used to work at a facility for kids that were dually diagnosed with mental and emotional handicaps. On average, if I remember correctly, our kids had failed out of about 30 placements. (Mom's place, Dad's place, Aunt Amy, Grandma, 6 different foster homes, a group home, ect.) and we were pretty much the last stop on the way to either juvenile jail or the mental institution. They'd come to us for about 18-24 months and we'd help them learn how to act, how to control their tempers, we'd work on how to read (Although I must say that the teaching of "school" was pretty ineffective lots of the time. Not sure why they didn't get better special ed teachers, as they were otherwise a great place.) work with hygiene, you name it. They said that, defining success as moving on to a less restrictive placement - group home, foster care, sometime even back with family - the facility's success rate was over 90%.

I was a supervisor over a 16 bed locked unit (in our locked facility) for teenage girls, and a trainer in the physical restraint techniques we used. Most of the time our kids worked pretty hard at living up to the new expectations we had (once they settled in & realized it was in their best interests), but still, after a lifetime of not controlling your temper, it's difficult to change your habits. We used physical restraints to keep them -and us- safe when our kids lost it. Kicking, screaming, hitting, cursing, headbanging & things were all pretty regular parts of the job that we dealt with. Occasionally the kids would also bite, and one of the girls -one of my favorites, actually- bit me one day. She felt terrible afterwards, once she got all calmed down. She was a pretty good kid, just not real bright, and lacking any kind of self control when she came to us. Her Mom screwed up with the funding, and she left us too early. She'd made tremendous progress, but she was probably not quite ready to maintain herself outside, without our strict structure, not quite yet. I cried when she left. It really irritated her family, but I couldn't help it. I loved my kids & I knew that she wasn't quite ready to be successful.

One of the hardest things about that job was never knowing what happened to "my" kids after they left us. I still wonder. It's nice to know about the next life. I plan to look them all up and see how things went.

Keeley said...

Yes, the whole walking the dog thing is a pain. We pay our son to walk ours. =Þ It's the dog hair I can't handle! The baby crawling around and then has hair all over their hands and clothes. Icky icky. And picking up the poo isn't much fun. And the cost of food. And the vet bills. And when you go on holiday it costs a FORTUNE if (like myself) you can't take your dog with you. Ugh. Animals are very very time consuming, very very expensive, and bring down the value of your house quicker than you can say Jack Robinson.

It's like having a two year old that never ever grows up. Ever.

Though if you have a cat, you're probably used to the fuzz everywhere. =D

Wow, your story of where you used to work is fascinating. I really enjoyed reading it. What an amazing job. You'd have to be some kind of special person to work there, Ritsumei. You'll see all "your" children in the eternities and can chat with them. =) And the chemicals in their brain will be balanced so that will be a pretty cool experience. =)

Jenna said...

Hi! This was fun to read! Thanks for letting me browse a while.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin