09 10

09 February 2008

My First Award!


Thanks, Keeley! I've never gotten a blog award before! It really did "make my day," so now it's my turn to pass that lovely feeling on to some of my favorite blogs.

Slush at Quirky Cupcake was my first exposure to food blogging clubs. I found her in December, just in time to be late with my entry for her mint theme Cupcake Hero event. I'm currently working on chocolate-maple cupcakes for this month's Cupcake Here: Project Baby. It's a tasty hobby. I try to give away most of my cupcakes so they don't end up on my hips, and that's fun too. Tends to spread the love around, and make some more people's days, and I'm in favor of that. So yay Slush, thanks for hosting a great event, you Make My Day!

Ree, the Pioneer Woman, who likes to belch her blog title (click "meet Pioneer Woman") and is writing the story of the love of her life, one tiny post at a time, never fails to make me laugh. And those pictures!! When I grow up I want to take pictures like that. Her food's not too bad either, but that's a different blog. Ree is so genuine; she Makes My Day.

And, last but not least, is Cocoa over at Chocolate on my Cranium. First of all, she loves chocolate, and what's not to love about that?! Not to mention finding and gathering up in one place all those flannel board stories that I will someday print & color (cuz my color part of my printer is on strike) and paste to flannel & use to teach my Boy the gospel. And she's funny. And, her comments have a fabulous proverb that I love every time I comment on her blog: "Las cosas claras y el chocolate espeso." (Ideas should be clear and chocolate thick.) Spanish proverb. Cocoa Makes My Day too.

4 comments:

slush said...

WOW! This is my first award too! I am honored. I still cannot believe people actually read my nonsense. ha!

Thanks so much, you indeed made my day! xo

Lunch Buckets said...

COngratulations!

Ritsumei said...

Slush - no problem! I've really enjoyed the Cupcake Here thing, and now I'm doing DB & Bread Baking Day too. It's a blast & you're how I found it all.

Buckets - thanks!

Montserrat said...

Wow! Thanks for making my day! The cupcake here project sounds like a good one to try.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin