09 10

09 February 2008

Sunday Scripture

1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.
2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.
4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.
6 When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,
7 And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.
-John 9:1-7


If you would like to participate in Scripture Sunday, post a scripture on your blog and leave a comment or use Mr. Linky. If you would like to participate regularly, let me know and I will add you to the blogroll.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found you through the Meme Directory and decided to participate. I love the verses you chose. It reminds me of a song by The Kingsmen Quartet called Master I See, have you heard it?

Ritsumei said...

No, I haven't heard that song, but I'm glad that you like the verses! I'll add all the new participants sometime this week - welcome to Sunday Scripture!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I made an image to go with your Sunday Scripture if you are interested in using it. I can put the code in a scrollbox for others to copy who wish to participate in Sunday Scripture. Come look on my blog and tell me what you think of it.

I joined in this week. I actually had another verse I wanted to post and wrote it down earlier this week. Now I can't find it. Oh well. Maybe I can use it another week when I find it.

I love this verse because it reminds us that when something is different from the norm does not mean it is meant as a punishment. Thanks for inviting me to this series.

Ritsumei said...

Your graphic is beautiful! I'll add it to the invitation post so people can choose. And then I'll have to remember to use one of them myself!

Shari said...

I've heard this story from the Bible before but I didn't realize what verse 3 was saying. He was blind so that the work of God could be shown to others through this man. That is awesome. So many people born with disabilities or problems can relate to this wonderful verse.

Keeley said...

Hey, I love your linky thing. Thanks so much for doing this. =)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin