09 10

03 February 2008

Lots of Tasty Bread

So the Bread Baking Day round-up is posted. Well, part 1 is posted. And it looks delicious! There are some really pretty things going on in this shaped bread event. I want to try some of these things.

Such as this Pan de Hojaldre. It's folded. And then you slash it so that you can see all the folds and it's really pretty. My husband says that you fold steel for swords in more-or-less the same way. Who knew?! Oh, and I'm very impressed that when she says roll it out into a rectangle, she actually gets a rectangle. Straight edges and everything. I think I need lessons. The only problem? Her recipe is in grams. I wonder how hard it is to find gram measuring cups and spoons around here: I don't want to have to convert it.

Here's another interesting looking recipe: Sweetened Condensed Milk Braided Bread with Poppy Seeds. That's a bit of a mouthful. But it's beautiful, and I've never tried that kind of milk in my bread; I'm intrigued.

Another interesting looking recipe is this Whole Wheat Stars with Dried Fruit and Oats. I'm really not so sure about putting either apricots or prunes(!) in my bread. I do, after all, plan to eat it. But the star shape - made with the help of credit cards - sounds like it could be lots of fun! This recipe is also in grams. I suppose that if I can't find anything locally I can always look online to see what sort of mischief I can get into.

Now, at this point I'm starting to think things like "Maybe I should stop looking," and "Just one more." This is a lot of baking I'm contemplating here, and while it all looks so tasty, I am quickly learning that when I bake I eat, and that can be difficult when you are trying to loose weight!

But Garlic Herb Monkey Bread? I thought that stuff was this sticky sweet concoction! Gotta have a look at that. And then I have to remember not to drool. This stuff looks good!

And this one, Onion Fougasse, had a most intriguing shape: it looks like a leaf. Gotta look and see how that's done. Maybe try it sometime.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin