09 10

01 April 2010

Dirty Boy Feet

It's beautiful outside today, perfect weather. Right about 70ish, a little breeze, sunny. So we went outside to blow some bubbles on the back deck. Monkey loved it. Great big belly laughs; those are always wonderful. Even if we did both get covered in bubble juice. But there was something else we found on the deck. Particularly Monkey.



Apparently, my deck is dirty. I realized within about five minutes of going outside that I was going to need my camera. I have a sticker that will eventually go into Monkey's scrapbook. Maybe with these pictures.



Boy: noun. 1. noise, with dirt on it.


I've been looking forward to kissing tiny baby feet again. These feet are obviously no longer kissable.



By the time we came in from an hour on the deck, I decided a bath was probably the simplest way to get him clean enough to be inside. (The dirt didn't confine itself to cute little feet.) Happily, we have bubble-bath, and he thinks that's fun too. Must be a good day for bubbles.

7 comments:

Lauren A. Petersen said...

Looove these photos! Not sure if you participate in You Capture photo challenges but this week's theme is Feet and this post would be a perfect addition!
http://www.kidnappedbysuburbia.com/index.php/2010/03/31/you-capture-feet/

Ritsumei said...

I'm not familiar with that photo challenge, but I'll have to go check it out! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Yes, no kissing the cute, dirty little baby feet until they become cute clean little baby feet! Ah, how wonderful that the day was lovely enough for barefoot play. :)

Keeley said...

Oh my gosh!!! Those photos are fabulous! Just wait. In about 2 minutes he'll turn 18 and you'll be hugging those cute little pictures to your heart. =)

Ritsumei said...

I dunno... at 3 1/2, I seldom feel that the feet are kissable anymore. But the new baby is coming, and she'll have kissable feet!

Keeley, I'm beginning to have a sense of how very little time there is between now & when Monkey is "big" and it sort of freaks me out sometimes! I'm trying to get some good work done on that scrapbook right now, cuz I know that once the new one gets here I'll have another stage where I'm taking a whole lot more pictures than I'm scrapbooking!

Dorine said...

LOL!!! Totally boy!!! We love him!! And you too of course!!

Ritsumei said...

Yep, he's pretty lovable. And I must have my moments, cuz you kept me around!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin