09 10

01 April 2010

Fix-it Friday





I don't have specifics for what I did with this one. Pioneer Woman's Boost, and I think her Define and Sharpen as well. Some adjustment layers that I can't remember anymore. The Album Cafe's Dreamy Soft Diffusion. More tweaking. I don't know exactly what I did. But I like it.



I started with #1, and played around with a lot of different ways of taking this black and white. It's desaturated, and the vibrance turned way down. I fooled around with a threashold layer, and different blending options. Then, when I was done fiddling and experimenting (and deleting, and reverting, and plain old reloading), I ran CoffeeShop's Moody Pop. I'm not terribly happy with this one. Definitely still need some practice on the whole black & white thing.

8 comments:

Lauren A. Petersen said...

I actually really like the black/white edit you did because it reminds me so much of a charcoal drawing!

nancy said...

The bottom is a little dark. If you have LR they have some pretty easy sets you can use. Otherwise they are really good.

Ritsumei said...

I'm glad you like it, JS Cheese-it! I'm not entirely unhappy with it, just I think it still needs work. But that was about the 3rd time. I'm relatively new to photo editing, so I'm still getting the hang of doing this stuff, and it's a bit dark for my tastes, as Preemie Miracle said. Just needs more practice. I don't have Lightroom - "just" Photoshop. For now, particularly since I'm not planning to make any money with photography, there are no plans to get more programs. Additionally, I still haven't figured out all of Photoshop's tricks!

Unknown said...

I like it. The charcoal looking one is pretty cool too.

Anonymous said...

Playing with photos is so much fun. I think all 3 look great. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :)

Keeley said...

Dang, you're a talented photo-messer-with. =)

Ritsumei said...

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder! Thanks, girls!

Dorine said...

REally cool pictures!! You come up with some amazing things!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin