09 10

05 April 2010

Raven is a Boy!



I had my "20-week peek" today. I love ultrasounds! It's so much fun to see what's going on in there. And the measurements that said all is well were nice too. But mostly, I just love to see the baby.



This baby is a wiggly one. He was just moving all around, especially his little feet - perilously close to the very full bladder that the doctor's office told me I needed. Kick, kick, kick. Wiggle. Climb. He pushed himself way up till the lady had to have the ultrasound thingy right under my ribs, then later slid back down and sat on my bladder. Fortunately, by that point they'd finished the stuff they needed there & I'd gone and emptied it.



We were certain that we'd be having a girl. We have a girl's name all picked out, but nothing for a boy. Happily, the nickname we picked for internet use works, so he can be Raven until we figure out who else he is. We're taking suggestions.



His feet weren't the only busy parts of his body: his arms and hands were also all over the place. Started out lounging around, ankles crossed, arm stretched over head. Then the tech caught this picture of him "blowing kisses," as she said. He tucked one arm behind his back, and another time we saw his hand up by his neck. But generally, he doesn't hold still much. This could be an exciting ride! I'm thinking this little guy is going to be of the "energetic" sort.

Two boys! Monkey and Raven. What fun!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun, fun, fun. I'm so glad Monkey gets a brother. I don't know why but for some reason I thought you were having a girl.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Oh, I love that last picture. He looks like he also might be pondering something. :-D

Ritsumei said...

You may have heard me refer to him as "her," because we were certain we were getting a girl. Apparently we were wrong! Good thing for ultrasounds; this discovery would have been more "interesting" had we gotten to the hospital with pink stuff...

Thanks! You're right, it does look somewhat thoughtful.

misskate said...

Wohoo for healthy babies :) I love the 3-D ultrasound.. those always look so neat.
John and I were thinking last night of boys names that you could use for Raven. Awesome stuff like Mohanrai Helaman.. or Zephania... hehehehe
Well, anyway.. Good luck!!

Montserrat said...

Congrats! How very exciting.

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Boys are good. (I should know!) I love the picture of his legs and feet. I'd help you out with a name, but I'm all out of boy names. My next one had better be a girl.

Glad to know all is well inside of you!

Jenny said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you and your family. Love the pictures. That just means that a sister is in the future. (-:

Ritsumei said...

It IS exciting! The legs & feet is one of my favorites too. We have another one that he's got his legs crossed, just hanging out, all sorts of relaxed, but that one's a little harder to make sense of, so I didn't scan it.

Ritsumei said...

I agree, Jenny, that sister we were anticipating must just come a little later. I'm good with that.

Keeley said...

EEeeeeeeeee!!!! Oh my GOSH!!! Congratulations to you! Two boys, how wonderful. =)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin