09 10

28 September 2010

Fall Into Reading: Question 1




What is your biggest reading obstacle? OR, if you feel like you already read as much as you want to, what choices have you made to make that happen?


I don't think that I could ever get time enough to read all that I want to; there's just so much to know! I doubt that I'll ever fall into that second category, because the more I learn the more there is to be curious about.

As far as obstacles, I think lack of focus is probably it. Because there are so many interesting things I could learn, it's hard to settle in and do justice to one before something else arouses my curiosity.

What about you?

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I agree that there is never enough time. I do try to make it a priority (especially over other entertainment options like TV and the computer). Commuting by train gives me extra time each day for books, magazines and letting my thoughts wander. Sometimes I read to learn. Sometimes I read just for entertainment. Love it!

Ritsumei said...

I suppose that it's a variant on never enough time, but it's not exactly that for me. I often feel like a kid in a candy store: completely overwhelmed by the amazing selection, and terribly unprepared -- with my two little pennies to spend -- to feast like I'd like to. So I end up sampling here and there a bit on different topics, but struggle to remain in any one topic long enough to really become "expert" in that thing. There's too much to learn!

And bus/train time is awesome reading time. Now that you mention it, I miss that. Though with 2 little ones it just wouldn't be the same.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin