09 10

24 January 2008

Weight Loss Progress

Well, I'm back to loosing weight again. There for a while there was some question about a possible pregnancy, but I'm not pregnant yet, so we'll get to working on the whole weight loss thing. In learning that I'm not pregnant, I'm forced to admit that there are quite a few of those tasty Christmas cookies still keeping me company in the form of a larger belly. Oh. Boy. So as of Monday, I'm officially working out and getting into the whole weight loss thing again. And it's working. I've lost the bloat that came from not drinking enough water. And I've lost a pound as well. In spite of the sad sad peanut butter chocolate cupcakes that I made yesterday. (Sorry to any Tales from the Scales folks that came & saw temptation rather than an update: my Monkey has the stomach flu and I didn't get my updating done yesterday, just a check-in on the TFTS blog.) So, as of this morning, I'm at 191. I was at 184 just before Christmas, so I've definitely lost some ground, but not tons, and I think that I'll be able to get it back in relatively short order.

I was playing around with a BMI calculator yesterday, and I was amazed at how little they said I could (theoretically) weigh and still be considered "normal." I'm 5 foot 8 inches, and at 191 I'm "overweight," though not "obese" anymore. 175 - my short term goal - is actually still "overweight." 150 and 125 are both listed as "normal" weights for my height. It'll be interesting to see where I actually end up when I get down to that range. I plan to use a mirror to decide where I want to be, when the time comes. Ultimately I'd like to have an athletic body. I'm back on track to get it with daily yoga and regular calorie tracking with BabyFit's tools, which are wonderful.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin