09 10

07 January 2009

New Beginnings

I've been pondering this year's resolutions for a while now, and while I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to make my goals, I am closing in on the mark.

Relief Society this week is studying the parables in Matthew 13. I find my mind drawn back to the parable of the sower again and again as I study this afternoon. The good earth brings forth good fruit (Matt 13:23). By their fruits shall ye know them (Matt 7:16-20). The fruits of the Spirit are love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance (Gal. 5:22-23).

So, my question became, "What are my fruits?" Do I see these things in myself? In my life? (Do I even know what all of these things are?)

How do I get more of these things?

When I can answer that question I think I will be ready to write my goals.



More New Beginnings at Wordfull Wednesday.

2 comments:

Montserrat said...

I am to teach this lesson in RS in two Sundays. Your questions will be great to ask the sisters. God pondering questions that each can apply to their own life.

Thanks for participating in Wordfull Wednesday!

Ritsumei said...

Glad to help! It's been a good lesson to ponder over. I feel like I'm getting closer to being able to write out those goals.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin