09 10

09 November 2009

School Food

As it turns out, we've done a lot of school with our food the past little bit.

We had scrambled eggs for dinner. Monkey loves to crack the eggs, so I have have him break them into a small bowl, which we check for shells. Then he pours them into the big bowl and we count them.







Today, we used the letter cookies we made over the weekend to practice blending. Once he gave it a shot he got to eat the letters. What's not to love? We're working our way toward that first Bob Book, so we were eating T, M, S, and A, and specifically practicing blends and words he'll need to read the first little book.





Then, after dinner, I got out my fondant toys and was playing around. Of course, Monkey had to do "fondant class" with me. We had a good time.





Here is my fondant inspiration for the evening:

Pumpkins
Rose and cala lilies
Daisy
Snail

There's a definite diference between my creations and my inspiration, but hey, I haven't even finished the class yet, so I'm still willing to cut myself a little slack. And I learned a bit on each one. I did the pumpkin last, and I'm happy with how it turned out. Monkey put some of his creations on the plate to dry as well, which is awesome.

8 comments:

Jeannetta said...

WHY did I never think of cookies!

I love the pumpkin ;)

Tianna said...

Schooling with food. I'll have to remember that one for when Robert gets older.

smithtrek said...

It looks like learning time is fun time at your house. That's a great way to encourage a lifelong love of learning. Good for you!

Keeley said...

What a great idea to teach blending with cookies! Lucky Monkey. =)

Your fondant looks fabulous.

Dorine said...

Cool stuff D. :)

Barb said...

Thanks for submitting this entry to the carnival. We had a food lesson this week as well and my boys loved it. :)

Barb-Harmony Art Mom

Ritsumei said...

We had a great time. It being Christmas time, maybe we should make another batch of letter cookies or something!

Anonymous said...

LOVE it!!!! The letter cookies are GREAT!!! Thanks for sharing!! Be Blessed, Angie in GA

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin