09 10

20 November 2009

What's Your LiLi?

I took a quiz this evening to discover my "energy impact," though, for the record, I think that global warming is at best blown all out of proportion and more likely a hoax. After all, we haven't seen global temperature increases in the past 10 years or so. Additionally, I heard on the radio tonight that Mr. Gore's been taken to court for 9 counts of faulty information in his "An Inconvenient Truth" in Great Britain, and he lost. Nevertheless, it seems to me that we have a duty to be responsible with our use of the earth's resources, so I still find this sort of thing useful.

The quiz is a pretty comprehensive one, and flexible enough to give you ideas for projects you could do to reduce your impact. I admit, I did have to simply guess on how much of our yard is covered in cement, and how big our lot is. But otherwise, it was pretty easy. The average score is 100, and I came in at about 66 after I'd made my adjustments. Not too shabby. Though I did decide that all the mileage that my husband puts on for work should count in his employer's impact! If I include the work truck, it puts our impact up to 100. He travels quite a bit, though happily he's nearly always back home again by bedtime.

So, what's your score?

1 comment:

misskate said...

Mine was insanely low (39) but then again, I don't have a yard, or drive a car to work, and there are only two of us here to do laundry and run the dishwasher for..

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin