09 10

16 December 2008

Pondering


I pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 4 months. I pledge that I shall refashion, renovate, recycle preloved items for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract. I pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovated, recycled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that thy thriftiness brings!

I'm pondering it still. It would be fun, I think. I'm thinking 4 months because I just don't buy that much clothing but in 4 months I'd probably want to do something. I've been following the blog for a while, and they've got some cool ideas. There's cute (if too short) skirts, a fix for a too-big sweater, kids sweater dresses, a fun bag, and one of those cool scarves with an attached hood. (That project used this tutorial.) They also have some things that are.... interesting. Red shoes. Pink dishtowel applique. Oh. My.

2 comments:

Anne Chovies said...

Uuuuummmmmmmmmmm. Maybe this is what directed your thinking to cause you to so enjoy the monsters you're sister blogged about. They were made from recycled clothing. Very creative. I'll bet that little boy of yours would enjoy that kind of Christmas present. Something to ponder.

Ritsumei said...

Actually, Kate & I discovered those monsters when I browsed across them on a blog 2 days ago. The recycled sweaters are cool though! I'm thinking that since I won the one they were giving away that Monkey will be getting some quality time with it... and that they just might multiply and replenish while it's at my house. Spawn, perhaps, since I'll just have one.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin