09 10

01 October 2009

Places People Live

I use Google Analytics to learn some fun things about who comes to my blog. It's pretty easy, and I hear that folks that get good at it can learn a creepy lot of information about the people that come to their sites. I don't do that. Mostly, I just look at how many people like my little corner of the internet. But they have this cool map thing that tells me the countries that people hail from, and the places are quite diverse! I learned this evening that, in the past month, I have had 683 visitors who looked at a total of 1167 pages on my blog. Many of those people (70%) were what is known as "bounces" - that is people who decided that my blog was not what they were looking for and left nearly immediately. But that means that something like 230 people found what they were looking for and stayed for a bit. That's cool!

More bloggy trivia, since I know you're riveted:

The top 20 countries of origin are:
1. The United States of America
2. Canada
3. The United Kingdom
4. India
5. Australia
6. Spain
7. Japan
8. Italy
9. France
10. Thailand
11. Singapore
12. Ireland
13. Malaysia
14. Brazil
15. Philippines
16. Sweden
17. [they didn't set it]
18. Saudi Arabia
19. Belgium
20. Netherlands

Cool stuff, ne?

Also, 44% of my visitors - that's 382 people - are returning visitors. People who liked it here enough to visit more than once. I'm amazed! I'm flattered! That's a lot of people!

So, guys, what do you think? Do any of you care to de-lurk? I'm very curious about who you are and what you're thinking about my writing and pictures. Leave me a little comment so I can get to know you?

9 comments:

Montserrat said...

I love Google Analytics too! It's so interesting to see where people are visiting from. The internet has definitely made the world a smaller place.

Anne Chovies said...

Me! Me! I visit on a regular basis!

misskate said...

That's a pretty impressive list of lurkers! Nice :)

Keeley said...

Oooh, how cool is that??? =) You have to be pretty dang excited! =)

Must check out that google analytics myself. What fun. =)

Ritsumei said...

Hurray for regular visitors! Keeley, it's well worth it. I've got the code tucked into one of my gadgets on the sidebar. Easy, fun entertainment.

Keeley said...

Oookay, so I have the code....um....now what do I do with it? Tuck it into one of the gadgets on the sidebar? Uhhmmm....

Ok, time to experiment.. =D

Ritsumei said...

You'll want one that lets you do HTML, just paste it in there, stick the gadget at the bottom. If you leave it without a title it'll be mostly invisible.

Dianna said...

I love Google Analytics. If you like it, you might also enjoy Feedburner, which will tell you how many people are reading your blog via a feed.

Ritsumei said...

Ooooohhhh! That sounds interesting!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin