09 10

03 September 2008

Doing Some Listening

I've got a lot of crafty stuff going on right now, what with assembling 100 of my sister's wedding invitations and doing 9 quilt squares for an exchange, I've got a half-made shirt in the kitchen waiting patiently for its turn and I keep casting longing glances at my stack of pictures that I'd like to get scrapbooked. And right now I'm not actually doing any of them even though the Monkey is asleep because he's very sad in his sleep tonight and although I can't seem to figure out the reason why he keeps crying when I put him down in his bed. He's asleep. But he cries like his little heart will break. So I'm cuddling him. And it helps.

In any case, either cuddling or crafting, I've been listening to some good stuff:

John Bytheway (is that name for real??) talks about the "war chapters" in the Book of Mormon here. Great stuff.

And there's this one about Why America is So Great.

Henry B. Eyring talks about the importance of the family & how to have a happy marriage & family.

These first bunch were recommended by You've Gotta Hear This. Now I'm just prowling around, looking to see what I can find in the unexplored territory that is podcasts. I found a couple of things on Palin:

The Clueless Class
The Palin Pile-on
Palin Shoot Down a Tired Agenda


Out Loud Opinion has some other stuff too:

The Political Virtues of Mitt Romney's Shamelessness

There Goes the Sun


This one is great. It's Henry B. Eyring talking about using music in gospel teaching, particularly in the home and family.

Here we have some further discussion of the "war chapters", and as much as I enjoyed Brother Bytheway's talk, I think this one is even better.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin