09 10

21 September 2008

Helping Kids Focus in Church

Smockety Frocks has a great post on Children in Church. I think that she's onto something here:


Back in my younger parenting days when I only had 2 or 3 children, I would load up a bag with crayons, coloring books, little puzzles, snacks, and lots of stuff that I thought would keep them busy during worship. Then I started to realize that I was only encouraging them to think of it as a playtime, and a boring one at that. I wanted them, instead, to think of it as a time to actually worship and listen to the words being read from the Bible.


I'm going to have to ponder the things that are going into my "diaper bag." He mostly looks at his Book of Mormon during Sacrament Meeting anyway, which works for me. But we've still been taking the other stuff, and I'm thinking that maybe it's not so necessary.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin