09 10

23 June 2009

More Bags

I loved the bags I made for my friend, and I'm in need of a new churchbag, so I'm working on making a new one based on the Pink Penguin tutorial. I cut out the squares for the top from the same oranges & pinks that I used in Jessica's bag, but then I got distracted by other projects. I'm back to working on it today, but we're all a little under the weather around here: Monkey has a touch of bronchitis, and Andy's not doing so hot either. I'm better than they are, but not entirely clear-headed myself. Wish me luck! Getting this altered and made up exactly like what I have in mind could be interesting!

5 comments:

Jessica Madsen said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your version of these bags! Mine are great! Although, I lost the little one to my youngest daughter. She thinks it's just perfect for her toy food and things!
:)
J.

Ritsumei said...

It would indeed be a perfect size for that sort of groceries. And of course, she needs to be like her Mama!

misskate said...

pictures! I wanna see pictures! ;)
Really though, it sounds like a fun project! Almost you make me want to take up a sewing project.

Ritsumei said...

It is a fun project. If you decide you want to try, I suggest a few fat quarters at the fabric store (unless you have fabric you love laying around), and old jeans for the bottom. Do the original size first, so you don't have to worry about fixing measurements; the tutorial is really very good. And if you get stuck, you can always call me!

Ritsumei said...

Oh, and it's not to the pictures stage yet. The thrifted jumper that will become the bottom & handles was upstairs in the same room that Monkey was napping in, so I had to move on to something else before I got very far at all. But the squares turned out cute!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin